There's something so delicious about a homemade brown butter frosting. It's sweet, but also more complex because the brown butter adds a note of nutty caramel flavor.
It's perfect for lots of different things especially:
How to make brown butter?
- Start by melting your butter in a small frying pan.
- Stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, the butter will begin to foam.
- Then the foamy butter will start to look amber colored and have brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and let cool.
What do you need to make brown butter frosting?
- browned butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
More delicious recipes
Brown Butter Frosting
This brown butter frosting is sweet, but not too sweet like a traditional buttercream. The browned butter gives it a hint of caramel nutty flavor.
- ½ cup butter browned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar spooned and leveled
In a large bowl, combine your brown butter, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk for one minute.
Then, add in powdered sugar. Whisk on high for 5-7 minutes or until the frosting starts to look thick.
This frosting is best if used right away.
You can also make the day before, but right before you use it, whisk it again in your mixer to make sure it gets smooth.
Leave a Reply