This slow cooker pot roast recipe you will want to use over and over again. It is flavorful and super easy to make!
Not only that, this meat is so tender that it will almost melt in your mouth.
As a mom, I am always after a good slow cooker recipe because of convenience and this recipe hits the number on convenience but also taste.
What should you cook with a pot roast?
To make it a whole meal, add carrots and potatoes. These are the best vegetables that go well with a pot roast.
Helpful tips for making this recipe
- Season your meat, then sear your pot roast before putting it into your crockpot. This helps seal in the flavor and an important step!
- You can cook just the pot roast without the vegetables.
- Use a crockpot liner for easy clean up.
How to make this slow cooker pot roast
- Rub seasonings onto your chuck roast.
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil. Over medium high heat, brown all the edges of your roast.
- In a lined crockpot, add your potatoes and carrots.
- Then, add your seared roast on top.
- Next, in a medium bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke, brown gravy mix, and garlic. Whisk this together then pour over the roast.
- Put the lid on your crockpot, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on hight for 4-6 hours. Then, serve.
More slow cooker meals
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
A tender pot roast made in a slow cooker. This meat pratically melts in your mouth and is so flavorful. Cooked with carrots and potatoes, this is an easy meal your whole family will enjoy!
- 2.5 pound chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup worchestershire sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup liquid smoke
- 2 packages brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 12 oz baby carrots
Add a liner to your crockpot.
Then, mix salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl and slather it on both sides of chuck roast.
Then, in a large frying pan, add the olive oil and brown all the outer edges of this roast. This helps seal in the juices and flavor.
Add your carrots and potatoes to the bottom of your lined slow cooker, then place your roast on top.
Next, you will want to add worchestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and liquid smoke into a small bowl. Add the 2 packages of gravy mix and whisk until fully incorporated.
Then lastly, add the minced garlic and stir/whisk for about 30 seconds. Pour this liquid over roast.
Finally, put the lid on and cook on high for 4-6 hours. For a longer cook time, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Then ENJOY!