These decadent butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies are chewy, and delicious! The perfect cookie that anyone can make!
This is one recipe that is easy to make, because the base of these cookies is actually a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe but with the addition of butterscotch chips.
- Use parchment paper when baking these cookies, so they easily slide off.
- Make sure to use softened butter, not melted butter.
- To make sure these cookies spread out evenly, roll in ball, and press gently down with the palm of your hand just slightly.
- Once out of the oven, let these cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
More delicious cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip and butterscotch chip cookies are a delicious twist off of a classic chocolate chip cookie. If you like butterscotch, you will LOVE these cookies.
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, cream the softened butter and both sugars into a mixer. Then add egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Next, add baking soda and flour ( I like to add baking soda first so it is mixed throughout). Mix flour ½ cup at a time and use a rubber spatula to scrape any flour from the sides or bottom of the bowl.
Finally add the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips with a rubber spatula. Then, roll the cookie dough balls out and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (smashing the balls down a little with your hand).
Bake for 10 minutes, rotating half-way through the cooking time.